First CMS where launched in 1990s, and than many CMSs are available to use, many of them are free and open source. It is a best option for working in a collaborative environment.
Many news site/blogs are using this technology for editing their articles and designing their online world. Using custom and sub-domains and web-hosts, internet makers (web-developers) are making it a needy application for any type of work online.
There are many good CMSs that are good for newbies at web-developing.
Things and features to check in a CMSHere is a list of some features you need to know before choosing any CMS.
- Read their rules, limits and permissions
- Customization of layouts and fully open source
- Make sure they provide all article editing tools like image/video uploading, link adding, headings and more
- Also take a deep look at their plugins and tools they enabled for you
- Search for themes/templates
- Ask CMS's support team for some demos or URL of other sites using their CMS
Beware: All CMSs on internet are under-construction (got updates after months). We recommend you to use Blogger.com for any type of blogging work, and WordPress (WP VIP) for most complex websites.
As WordPress is a great CMS available for free. Even Facebook is using it for their news blog. Also! The blogger.com is a great platform, even Twitter is using it for their blogs.