Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) in Singapore

The long term visit pass (LTVP) in Singapore is your best option if you are an expat employee residing in Singapore and want to bring your family or dependents into the country.

Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) in Singapore

Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) in Singapore

Some foreign partners and children of Singapore citizens or permanent residents are eligible for the Long Term Visit Permit (LTVP), a type of visa that allows them to live and study in Singapore. The Singapore long term visit permit may be the best visa for you if you want to stay in Singapore for a prolonged period of time.

Types of LTVPs in Singapore

The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) both issue long-term visit passes (LTVPs), each of which has its own set of rules and requirements.

1. LTVP issued by ICA

You can only bring your family to Singapore with an LTVP if you are a permanent resident or a citizen of Singapore.


The LVTP is available to your family members if the following criteria are met:

  • They are related to you as your spouse.
  • They are your under-21-year-old, unmarried child that was born to you or adopted.
  • Your biological parents.

These are graduates from higher education institutions who are looking for work.

  • If you have a kid or grandchild studying in Singapore on a Student's Pass, they are your mother or grandmother.
  • They are a female guest who is asking for permission to give birth in Singapore.

Required Documents:

  • Bio-page copy of the passport
  • Embarkation/Disembakation (D/E) card.
  • Recent photographs

Extra paperwork is required per the nature of the trip.

2. LTVP issued by MOM

Families of foreign employees who do not meet the requirements for the Dependant Pass but wish to move in with a member of their family in Singapore may apply for the LTVP.


You may bring a family member to Singapore only if you satisfy the requirements listed below:

  • You are in possession of the employment pass or S pass.
  • You make at least $6,000 each month on a stable income.
  • Your employer, who owns a business with a Singaporean registration, has sponsored you. 
If you are looking for the best business registration service in singapore, then choose Relin Consultants.

The following family members are eligible for passes:

  • We refer to a person who has lived with you for a while as a common-law spouse even if they haven't legally married you.
  • Your disabled children under the age of 21 who are not already married.
  • Your parents, but only if you get a steady wage of at least $12,000 each month.

Required Documents:

For common-law partners (one of the following):

  • Common law certificate copy
  • A letter from the embassy confirming that, in accordance with their regulations, you and your partner are regarded to be in a common-law relationship
  • A notarized statement from you confirming that, in accordance with the laws of your native country, you and your partner are in a common-law relationship.

Step children below 21 years:

  • A copy of the court's decision on the custody of the kid
  • A letter stating that the other parent is in agreement with the kid travelling to Singapore
  • If your kid is younger than 12 years old, you must check the Health Promotion Board's Verification of Vaccination Requirements

Dependant children above 21 years:

  • A letter or report outlining the condition of the kid from the doctor


  • Your birth certificate, which includes the names of your parents

How to Apply for LTVP in Singapore?

The steps for applying for the LTVP are briefly summarised below:

  1. Complete the Long Term Visit Pass Application Form and attach the required paperwork.
  2. At any SingPost location, hand in the application and any necessary accompanying documentation.
  3. For each application, you must pay, in cash, NETS, or CashCard:
          -     SGD $105 (for MOM)
          -     SGD $ 30 (for ICA)
    As evidence of submission, save the payment advice slip.
  4. Request the issuance of the pass. For the pass to be claimed, you must be in Singapore.
  5. Register your dependents' fingerprints and pictures. If you're unsure about whether you need to register your dependents' fingerprints and take their photos, you can review the letter of notice that was sent. You must register if this is your first registration or if it has been more than five years since your last registration.
  6. Get the LTVP card. When you register and have your papers confirmed, the card should be delivered to the address you mentioned in your application form.

Duration of LTVP

Depending on the application's purpose, the LTVP may last up to two years in each situation (issued through MOM or ICA).

Your Pass's length is the same as that of the foreign worker's Employment Pass if you wish to join a family member who is already in Singapore.

Long-Term Visit Pass-Plus Scheme

Foreign spouses of Singapore Citizens (SCs) or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs) are eligible for the Long Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) schemes. If qualified, foreign spouses of SCs who apply for LTVP will also be given consideration for LTVP+.

By offering the bearer a longer duration of residency, the LTVP+ gives foreign spouses of SCs a better assurance that they will be able to remain here. They will be permitted to remain in Singapore for three years following approval. They will be able to stay in Singapore for 5 years once the LTVP+ is renewed.

The best part is that LTVP+ holders will be qualified for employment and healthcare benefits.

Can You Renew Your LTVP in Singapore?

Using the same process as when you first applied, you may renew any form of LTVP.

You must renew an LTVP granted by the ICA at least ten days before the expiration of the present one.

An LTVP granted by the MOM may only be renewed up to six months prior to its expiration. Starting the renewal procedure early is advisable.

Ready to Start?

Now that you are aware of all the conditions, you may apply for this pass. To ensure that everything is done legally, your sponsor must also be aware of them.

The skilled immigration staff at Relin Consultants is familiar with the procedure and can guide you through it in order to obtain this and other pass types that you require in order to live and work in Singapore.

You may save time and work by having your application prepared by our helpful specialists.


1. How long does it take to have a long-term visit pass approved?

After submission, the processing time for an employment pass is 3 weeks. You require an extra 3 to 5 weeks after submitting the supplementary papers or the appeal in some circumstances, such as the MOM request for further documentation.

2. Is it possible to enrol my in-laws in the LTVP scheme in Singapore?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to include in-laws in this scheme.

3. Do I have permission to work under the LTVP scheme?

No. To work in Singapore, you must submit a work permit application.

4. What is LTVP vs PR in Singapore?

An LTVP enables a visitor from another country to stay in Singapore for a predetermined amount of time for social reasons. Holders of the LTVP cannot, however, work in Singapore. The PR status, on the other hand, permits the holder to reside and work in Singapore on a permanent basis without the requirement of a visa.