Now that’s a question that all bloggers have on their minds. Let’s make one thing clear before proceeding any further: Publishing fewer posts won’t work. Your audience is used to a schedule, so you’ll have to stick to it.
Here is another question for you: which automation resources should you implement in your blogging strategy? You’ll find 10 suggestions in the continuation of this post.
1. IFTTTYou can use this tool to connect your WordPress blog with your LinkedIn profile. All you need to do is set a recipe, so IFTTT will automatically post an update on LinkedIn when you publish new content on your blog. Of course, you can also connect your WordPress site to many other platforms, including Twitter, Evernote, Instagram, Blogspot, Tumblr, Facebook, and more.
2. TweetDeckIt’s important to keep track on trending Twitter topics, events and hashtags related to your niche. That would take a lot of time without TweetDeck – a platform that puts everything you need in an organized custom timeline.
3. HootsuiteYou can use Hootsuite to create social media updates in advance and schedule them for publication when most of your audience is active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms.
4. EssayMamaIf you don’t have any posts to publish, how can you automate your blogging activity? When you lack time to write the scheduled content, you can rely on professional writers who know how to deliver exactly what you need. EssayMama is the platform where you’ll find talented authors in different areas of expertise.
5. SocialoomphThis tool enables you to schedule posts on social media, but you can also use it to monitor your social media activity, find influencers to follow, schedule blog posts for publication, and promote evergreen content in precise intervals.
6. NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-PosterThis WordPress plugin automatically re-publishes your posts to Google+, Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, and other profiles. All you need to do is stay in charge of the content you publish on your blog, and NextScripts will take care of the social media promotion.
8. BadBehaviorInstead of fighting link spam and robot comments on your own, you can leave that part of your job to automation. Bad Behavior is an awesome WordPress plugin that prevents spammers from posting comments.
9. AweberThis email marketing tool will help you connect with fresh subscribers. When someone signs up to get email updates for your posts, Aweber can send a series of automated emails that will suggest posts that fit into their interests. You will track the performance of your automated messages, so you’ll always know when improvements are needed.
10. UpworkWhen your blog grows beyond the limits of your expectations, you’ll need to take automation and outsourcing a bit further. You can discover and hire freelancers with different skills on Upwork. You can build a team of data miners, researchers, content marketers, social media managers, and all other roles you have in mind. The platform will help you optimize the process of blogging through effective teamwork.
It’s Time to Take Action!Are you ready to make your blog more popular than ever?
You don’t have to spend too much time promoting it; all you need to do is choose the right automation tools and put them to use. Don’t hold back; experiment with different resources and tell us how they work.
About guest poster: Kenneth Waldman is a freelance writer and content creator. Get in touch with him on Linkedin.